Three Caribbean states sitting on the edge of South America, the Guianas are an intriguing combination of Calypso and palm trees, Dutch place names, Hindu temples, French cafés, and Amerindian rainforest villages. Whether you’re exploring the canopy walkway in the Iwokrama jungle, spotting rare birds at the incredible Kaieteur Falls, enjoying a croissant in Cayenne or admiring the wooden colonial buildings of Paramaribo, Footprint’s Guyana, Guyane & Suriname Handbook covers all the top sights in this undiscovered region, plus tips for when you’re off the beaten track.
• Practicalities section with essential advice on getting there and around.
• Highlights map & inspirational colour section, so you know what not to miss.
• Comprehensive listings including where to eat, sleep and relax – whatever your budget.
• Detailed street maps for Georgetown, Paramaribo and Cayenne.
• Slim enough to fit in your pocket
Filled with inspiration and information, this concise Footprint Handbook will help you get the most out of the Guianas without weighing you down.